Friday, June 13, 2008

The light at the end of the tunnel

Well, today is the last day that I am watching the two kids for the guy in my ward. I'll still have them for one week in July but for now I'm almost done. Let me tell you, it's been a looong week. I'm not sure how you mothers do it that have this many kids. I've been on my hands and knees cleaning up messes more than on my feet in the last two weeks. All of the kids have had a really fun time playing with eachother. We have had a few time outs and a few tears over toys but we're all still in one piece. Okay, okay maybe I lost a little bit of my mind over the last two weeks but it's slowly been slipping away anyway so I guess no harm done. Right now we're in the process of making cooking for Father's day and earlier we made cards together. The kids' parents are divorced so I wanted to do something for them for thier dad for Father's day. All of the kids helped to pour ingredients and mix them together. I had three little helpers so the process was three times as long but they all had fun and it killed a good chunk of time. It's about 2:45 now and at this point I'm just about counting down the minutes till thier dad gets here and the house isn't in so much chaos! I don't think Dalin is quite sure what to think of all of it. He doesn't seem to mind to much. Well, I better go check on the cookies...can you smell the baked goodness?!

No comments: