Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Family Pictures

We had new family pictures taken yesterday. We went out to Riverfronte Park with a photographer. It was a little miserable until my mom went and got some bug spray. The mosquitos were everywhere. I think about half of our pictures are going to have one of us swatting at bugs. I asked my mom to come with us to help entertain the kids and get them to smile. Ciara and Dalin did pretty good. We made the mistake of letting Ciara bring her stuffed Horton elephant with us and she wanted him to be in all of the pictures with us. Then she decided he was hungry so the first half of our pics we're swatting bugs and the second half Ciara either has grass in her hands or she's pulling at the grass. O well, maybe we got one or two good shots in there. The photographer said she'd have the CD to us in a week or two so as soon as I get it I'll post a slide of the pictures. Both the kids got a little grumpy towards the end. It was hard to get Dalin to smile so hopefully we got one or two of that. I want to get a print of each of the kids close up, just thier faces, in black and white and frame them in 12x12 frames and put them in Zane and my room. It will be so nice to update all of the pictures around the house with current shots. The last time with had family pictures done was February of 2007.

3 comments:

Kotters said...

We really need to get our pictures done too. But I just dread it. It never seems like we can get everyone looking the same way. I guess we could always photoshop a head or something. And I hate trying to find something for everyone to where that matches. Josh just needs to be more normal size that would help. Oh well, I guess I should just bite the bullet and do it.

Karen said...

Hi it's good to see you guys on here too in the fun blogging world! Your kids are so cute, and adorable! How have you guys been? Glad you got to get your family pics done. We got ours done last year, so it's about time we do another one professionaly. Hope all is well!

The Laidlaws said...

I agree with Jeni...family pics are a lot of work and not that fun! I can't wait to see your photos though, hope you get some that you're happy with!