Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fun in the Sun

Today was a new adventure for us. It was the first day at the pool for Dalin. Ciara was really excited to go. We left the house at 12:30 in pursuit of bathing suits for Ciara and myself... 6 stores, and one grumpy mom later we were on our way to the pool at 5:30. The pool we went to has a kiddie pool that has a slope into the water so I sat on the edge of the water and stood Dalin up in it. He wasn't to thrilled at first. He turned and looked at me as if to say, "this is the biggest, coldest bath tub I've ever been in." He started getting used to it. He mostly drooled and grunted a lot. He didn't like it when kids would run by and he'd get splashed, he'd cry and grab onto me and pull himself as close as he could. Ciara on the other hand had the time of her life. She was all over the place. She kept jumping into the 3 inch deep water yelling, "CANNON BALL." Zane was volunteering for something with the motorcycle club that we belong to, in addition to the yearly fee the members are also required to volunteer 20 hours a year so he wasn't with us when we went to the pool. Let me tell you trying to hold onto an 18 lb. baby and change out of your clothes and into a bathing suit is not an easy task. Especially a baby that likes to grab EVERYTHING in site!! Of course, I forgot to take the camera with me. I don't think I would have been able to get any pictures of the kids anyway. Maybe next time when Zane can go with us we'll be able to. I really need to invest in a cell phone that has a camera in it!

No comments: