Monday, June 23, 2008

First Teeth and Daddy daughter dates

Today, I discovered Dalin's first tooth. Well, actually the shrill screaming and crying coming from my six month old clued me in. I checked his mouth and low and behold there it was. Needless to say, I dug out the orajel and we've been using that repeatedly today. I actually can't wait till he has a few more teeth so I can start giving him a broader variety of solids. For a long time he ate baby food really well but lately he won't take it and he doesn't want solids, like breads and pasta either. All he wants is milk. At his 4 month appointment the doctor said I need to be feeding him something other than milk because after so many feedings a day it doesn't give him any additional nutrition. I'm not quite sure what to feed him. With just milk it seems like I feed him every hour and a half. Ciara never ate baby food, she hated the stuff. For the life of me I can't remember what we fed her! Well, live and learn, and in this case relearn!

Ciara had quite a fun day today as opposed to Dalin's discomfort. Zane took her on a lunch date and then after work we were all going to go to the swimming pool but I just wasn't up for it so Dalin and I stayed home and Zane and Ciara went. After the pool Zane took her to the library and they picked out a few fun books to read. We read a book every night before bed so it's nice to have a change once and a while. We have quite a few books but it seems like we read the same three books over and over. She always loves it when she gets a new book so being able to go to the library is fun and exciting for her and saves me quite a bit of money at the bookstore!

No comments: