Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Another one bites the dust

Well, it's official, I've totaled my first car. It's not as bad as it sounds. I got in a little "incident" the other day while driving home. No one was hurt and I didn't have the kids with me. The claims adjuster caim today and deemed the car totaled since it would cost more to fix it than what it is worth. You can tell from the pic. that I ripped the bumper and fender off. I also pushed the frame back and twisted the axle. I was passing a water truck that was burning ditches and didn't see the truck and trailer that was doing the burning because it was completely covered in smoke and I hit the back tire of the trailer going around 30mph. Needless to say Zane and I will be doing a little car shopping tonight.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Ouch! Glad that no one was hurt. Good luck on finding another vehicle! =)

The Laidlaws said...

I'm glad you're ok! Scary. Have fun getting a new car! =)

Kotters said...

I am glad that you were not hurt and especially that the kids were not in the car. Good luck finding a good car. And make sure you ask the insurance company about replacing the carseats if they were in the car. It is possible that they were damaged and you can not see it. They replaced Anika's even though she was not it but it was in the car.