Friday, February 13, 2009


Happy Valentine's day to you all. I'm very blessed to spend my day with my Valentine's. I won't be at a fancy restaraunt dressed to the nines or strolling on a sunset beach with my handsom husband. Most likely I'll be mopping oatmeal off the floor and washing it out of my hair after breakfast, followed by pulling Dalin off of the chairs and table more than a dozen times, all while answering Ciara over and over, "I don't know how I'm going to do your hair today, I'm a little busy right now." Then there's lunch, trying to get Dalin to eat something instead of spitting it out, telling Ciara that she has to eat all of her bites because she asked for all of the food, asking Zane, "what do you want to do today...I don't know... what do you want to do?" NAP TIME, for Dalin, running errands most likely, cleaning, washing, changing diapers, playing dress up or Barbie's, debating with my 4 year old as to whether I can do a particular hair style or not. What to make for dinner? "Are there any treats after dinner," asks Ciara, dishes, PJ's, bedtime books, scriptures and prayers... (rinse and repeat the next day) BUT through all of that there will be more kisses that I can count, for and from the kids. Thank yous and I love yous that tell me they care. Happy giggles and smiles that melt my heart. Little squeezes from my little ones, loving looks for my love, stolen kisses with Zane in between the everday craziness that is our life and little moments with my family that make me stop and realize that the reward FAR outways the hard work. I live by the motto I've only heard from my mother-in-law, but it should be everywhere!!


LOVE IS NEVER DIVIDED, ALWAYS MULTIPLIED.

1 comment:

George and Julie said...

Sounds like the PERFECT Valentine's Day to me!! I couldn't imagine anything better!! I love you Amber!!
Love, Mom