Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Playing Catch up

I'm way behind on all of my bloggin' so I'm playing catch up today. scroll down for all of our happenings over the last month or two!


The Antics of my Son

Dalin has really been on the war path over the last few months, if it's not one thing it's another. A few weeks ago I found him in my craft room with my ink pad smearing it on the table, the white bed spread, and, of course, himself. The only thing I could do is throw him in the tub and scrub him down. Thankfully the ink came out of my bedspread. Mom was over visiting a while ago and Dalin thought it was hilarious that mom was stuffing plastic bowling pins up his shirt. He'd get mad if they fell out so we took some pictures of him and his "muscles"


And last but not least this morning I was downstairs doing Ciara's hair and Dalin was upstairs standing on a chair watching Daddy mow the lawn outside. I thought he would be fine and stay at the window since Zane was outside but of course I was wrong. As I was doing Ciara's hair I began to hear something that sounded like water running. I ran upstairs just in time to see Dalin dumping the last of the box of Trix onto the table and floor and then proceed to eat it by the handful... man this kid is such a boy!!




Family Reunion Fun

At the end of June we had the opportunity to head down to Whitehall for a Briggs family reunion (that's Zane's mom's family) We all had so much fun at Grandpa's ranch. It rained almost all day on Saturday but we still had fun. Zane spent a lot of the day trying to keep Dalin out of the mud puddles and most of the kids had AT LEAST one bath that day. After the reunion Travis, Jared, Zane, and I headed down to St. Anthony for some dirt biking at the dunes. It was tons of fun. Travis ran out of gas out on the dunes... twice... once each day we were there and he broke of his kick start so he had a few issues but other than that we did good. No serious injuries. The girly men didn't want to camp out so we rented a motel room in which the tradition of the pastry throwing was upheld (you can ask Zane or Travis about that one, hahahahaha too funny, mad did that muffin explode on impact!!) I woke up early to get my scripture reading done... and I was to keyed up to go riding to sleep any longer. This is what the boys were doing...


Fourth of July Fun

We were down in UT for the fourth and had a blast. Theresa and Randy, Zane's aunt and uncle, invited us to meet them at Yuba lake and hang out for the day. They had there jet ski's and some friends of theirs were there with their boat as well. It was all Zane and I could do to get Ciara and Dalin off of the "wavy boats" as Ciara called them. She had so much fun and was a pretty good little driver. Dalin squealed and giggled the whole time, he'd throw a fit when we pull into shore. We also went out on the boat with the kids. Randy took us out and Zane, Ciara, and I went out on the tube. It was a double seat tube so Ciara sat with Zane and I was next to them. Randy went pretty easy on us at first but gradually he was popping us up higher and higher, it was a blast. We had a great day out on the lake and the kids loved it!!!


No comments: