Monday, July 13, 2009

Car Update

Well, I thought I'd better do an update on the car since it's been a while since I did the last one. Zane had an old street bike that he sold to further fund his "baby" He recently purchased shocks and wheels and has most of the framing all done. He is still currently looking for racing seats. He was pretty disappointed a week or so ago. He found a set of them for sale on Craig's list up in Bozeman. He said they looked practically brand new and the owner was only asking $50. If any of you out there know about these things that's like getting them for free. Usually a set of two nice ones like these ones you'd be looking at around $300. Anyway, Zane called immediately on them and the guy had sold them like, 5 minutes before he called... thus the search continues. I've posted a picture of Dalin Modeling the car and also a picture of what it will look like when it's done. Keep in mind that the picture of the completed car is really all Zane has used to know how to build it. All of the designs are of his one make and model. He has drawn up the specs on AutoCAD and hasn't looked at a single "blue print" that wasn't of his own make. It still boggles my mind that he can do that and in the end the car will go... and go fast at that!

P.S. Zane said that any donations to the car fund are welcome and in exchange we offer a complamentary ride in the car when it's done! (Zane says large donations may earn you the privlidge of driving the car, after a check of your driving record of course ;)

1 comment:

George and Julie said...

Zane is amazing - I would donate if I had it to give - I guess that means all I get to do is look at pictures of the finished product, eh?! lol Way cool though!! Love ya! mom