Monday, January 26, 2009

A little bit of bragging... On Zane's behalf

I just have to brag on my amazing husband. He's been building a car in his spare time, yes you read that right, building a car. Not a kit car or a rebuild of a standing car. He's building a car from the ground up. While I'm not especially pleased that I usually find my car out in the snow and the cold in the mornings I am very proud of his ingenuity! He constantly amazes me at his ability to teach himself what he needs to know to accomplish a task once he sets his mind to it. He comes home at night, has dinner, helps me clean up, plays with the kids, and helps me put them to bed. He spends time with me and then sets out to the garage till one or two in the morning and then gets up and does it all over again the next day. I've posted some pictures of the progress so far. It's not as far along as he would like. He was feeling a little bad that he was making me a garage widow so we read the 3rd book in the Inheritance Cycle together and just recently finished it... so he's back to the garage, where he is now, even as I type. Anyway, here are the pics of his "baby".

The Donor Car


The work Table (which he built himself)


The "heart" of the beast


Drawing up the specs on the wood model

Machining a part on the CNC he built

the cheesy seat is just for sizing till he builds the one he wants

Where it is so far... I'll keep you posted as it takes shape

2 comments:

George and Julie said...

Wow! He really is amazing!! Grandpa Cooley would get a real kick out of knowing what happened to the old toyota. Do they know you have this blog? If not, you should let them know. I really do think Noel would get a kick out of this. If you do give them your blog site address, give them mine too and let them know I said HELLOOOOO!!!! Love ya sweetie...hope you are feeling better!!! mom

Karen said...

Wow! Go Zane! That is truely awesome and amazing! That's talent. Can't wait to see the progress! =)